How to clear the cache in Google Chrome
1. Delete the Chrome browser cache with a shortcut.
The fastest way to get rid of the cache data in Google Chrome is the option “Clear Browser cache”. You can access this function with the following shortcut:
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. Be sure you press all the keys at once.
- A new window opens: “Clear Browser cache”.
- Here you can select in the upper dropdown-menu, for which time period you want to delete the cache data. You can select between “last hour”, “last day”, “last week”, “last four weeks” or “all”.
- If you want to delete all cache date, select “all”.
- Check the box in front of “Images and Files in Cache”.
- Submit your selection by clicking the “Delete Browser data” Button.
- Reload your site.
2. Clear Chrome browser cache manually
If you don’t want to use the keyboard shortcut to call the function “Clear Browser data” you can access it manually:
- Click on the “Menu” in the upper right corner of Google Chrome and Open the Browser setting. You can recognise the menu by the three stacked dots.
- Next, you select the option “more tools”.
- In the next step click on “Delete Browser data”.
- Now you can follow the steps from the description above and select the specific time period (Step 3).
Delete OXY cookies only from your Chrome browser
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Cookies and other site data.
- Click See all cookies and site data.
- At the top right, search for the website’s name.
- Search for OXY websites (oxy.edu , eis.oxy.edi , my.oxy.edu)
- To the right of the site, click Remove
How to clear the cache in Mozilla Firefox
If some websites cause issues when loading or don’t show updated contents, it’s possible that it’s because of the cache. Get to know, how to delete the cache in the browser Mozilla Firefox.
1. Fast delete with the keyboard shortcut
For deleting the browser cache with a shortcut in Firefox please follow these steps:
- Press following keys at once: [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del]. A Popup opens with the title “Clear recent history”.
- In the dropdown menu, you can define the time range you want to delete the cache. You have the following options: last hour, last two hours, last four hours, today or all.
- To delete all data, select “All” from the dropdown-menu…
- Afterwards, click on the arrow next to “Details” and toggle the different possibilities to chose which data should be deleted. If you want to delete only the cache, then only mark the checkbox next to “Cache”.
- With a click on the button “clear now” you delete the cache.
- Reload the site afterwards
2. Delete the cache with the window option in Firefox
Alternatively you can also clear the cache also through the window-menu. Please follow these steps:
- Press the key “Alt” on your keyboard. The window menu from firefox opens.
- In the menu, “History” select “Clear Recent History…”
- Now the Popup-Window opens like described in the instructions above.
- Follow the steps above from the second step.
Delete OXY cookies only from your Firefox browser
- Click the menu button and select .
- Select the panel and go to the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click the button. The Manage Cookies and Site Data dialog will appear.
- In the Search websites field, type the name of the OXY websites (oxy.edu , eis.oxy.edi , my.oxy.edu) whose cookies you want to remove. Items that match your search will be displayed.
- To remove all cookies and storage data for the website, click .
- To remove selected items, select an entry and click .
- Click .
- In the Removing Cookies and Site Data confirmation dialog that opens, click .
- Close the about:preferences page.
How to clear the cache in Internet Explorer 11
1. Clear the cache with a keyboard shortcut
- Press the [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del] Key together. A Popup-Window opens. “Delete browser history”.
- Remove all checks except the selection “Temporary Internet files and website files”.
- Click on the Button “Delete” to empty the browser cache. In comparison to other browsers there is no option to select the time period. You’ll delete all cache data.
- Reload the page.
2. Delete the cache through the internet options in the window menu of the browser.
Alternatively you can access the options also through the main menu of your browser.
- Click on the cog-symbol in the upper right corner of the browser and open the menu “Extras”.
- Select the item “Internet options”.
- In the tab “General” you can find a section “Browser history“. When you click on the button “Delete” a new Window opens.
- Now you are on the same page as in the description above.
- Follow the steps from Step 2.
Delete OXY cookies only from your IE browser
- Click (Gear Icon) in the upper right of the browser
- select “Internet Options”
- Under the Browser History section, select “Settings“
- Select “View Files”
- This location has the cookie files, they look like blank icons with a name like (Cookie:OXYusername@www.oxy.edu/). delete the cookies related to OXY websites.
How to clear the cache in Microsoft Edge
When Websites are not loaded with the latest data, it could be because you have to delete cached files, in order to let the browser download new data. To empty the cache you can follow one of the instructions below:
1. Clear browser data in Microsoft Edge with the keyboard shortcut.
- Press the keys [Ctrl], [Shift] and [Del].
- A new Window opens. Select the option “temporary services and files”.
- Confirm your selection by clicking on the “delete” button.
2. Delete the browser cache in Microsoft Edge through the menu.
To delete the browser cache in Microsoft Edge through the menu, follow these steps:
- Click on the “Hub” symbol in the main menu.
- Then browse to the “History”.
- Now you can click on “Delete the whole History”.
- Check the option “temporary services and files” and confirm the selection with a click on the “Delete” Button.
Delete All cookies only from your Edge browser
- Click on […} menu button
- Select Settings and more > Settings > Privacy and services.
- Under Clear browsing data, select Choose what to clear.
- Select Clear now.
How to clear the cache in Safari
If you want to delete the browser cache in Safari, you can do that quickly with a keyboard shortcut or through the developer menu.
Apple makes it easy: Deleting Safari’s Browser cache through a keyboard shortcut
The fastest way to clear your cache is to use following shortcut: [CMD] + [ALT] + [E].
Clearing the cache through the developer menu
You can also enable a developer menu in Safari to enable several professional options. To display the developer menu:
- Select the first item “Safari” in the main menu and from the drop-down the item “Preferences…”
- A popup opens. Click on the tab “Advanced”.
- Check the option “Show Develop menu in menu bar” at the bottom. Now you should see a new menu item in the main menu named “Develop”.
- If you click on the menu item “Develop” you can select “Empty Caches” from the submenu items.
- Reload the site.
Delete OXY cookies only from your Safari browser
- In “Safari go to Preferences
- Select Advanced”
- Enable “Show Develop menu in menu bar”.
- Navigate to the webpage that holds the cookie you are looking to remove.
- Go to Develop in the menu bar and “Show web inspector“.
- On the left hand side there will be a folder “Cookies” that holds the data from that site.
- You can right click them and delete the OXY related ones.